Tuesday, May 18, 2010

not sold on blogger yet

I'm still getting used to this.

I am feeling a little bit more awake now so it's time to blog. I left fort langly yesterday at 6 in the morning (BC time) and arrived in winnipeg at 7:45 (winnipeg time), so for those counting at home...that's 23-ish hours. Here are some highlights

*stopping in canmore on the way out with cousin-or something Josh. It was amazing to be able to see what he does and the vast amount of condiments that he lives with. Also, I haven't seen him since christmas...and canmore is a gorgeous town.

*Barely saw any animals along the highway...I felt kind of bad along the way because I was thinking about how our needs for a road in the mountains interupts the natural living space of animals. At the same time, do we also not deserve land. Do animal needs take precedents over our own.

*A lyric in a song was talking about how short life is...but then I was thinking, if life felt long we would probably not enjoy it and take a lot more for granted...and wouldn't carpe diem

*saw a shooting star last night

*I love the ukulele

*My cousins team won nationals...I wasn't sure if they were going to have the fight and drive, but I was flabbergasted and I have never been more proud. Miranda also gave me a two handed hug, which is the biggest surprise of the weekend.

*Mennonite connections. I went out with one of my friends that goes to CMU. I would say degrees of seperation between each person probably averaged at about 1.10. Almost every single person knew someone that I know

*It's also weird seeing so many people at volleyball that you knew back from your time playing. I also got to see one of my old teachers which was super cool

No comments:

Post a Comment