Saturday, April 6, 2013

Avicii folk album - judgy electro people receiving my judgement.

I completely forgot a while back ago that Avicii had done a set at Ultra Music festival which got a lot of people all up in a huff. I am not someone that generally would select electronic music to play myself. I will go out and dance all night to it - but I find it is often a bit to monotonous. I do however prefer folk music. I have finally been able to listen to the avicii set from Ultra in which he plays his folk crossover music. Electro-folk...? I can't give it a name.

I have been reading some of the comments that are on the stream I am listening to - most used word is "Dafuq". First off that is not a word. A lot of people are commenting that he has sold out. Since when is turning to folk music selling out?

People are so pissed because he's done something different. Oh my gosh heaven forbid your favourite artist tries something new, and tries to evolve. He is allowed to do these things.

I must admit that people who are into electro annoy me somewhat. A short list to describe why. Please don't take offence. I don't dislike you as a person - but as a group I sometimes have to drop my gaze and shake my head.

some reasons:

1. the terminology for all the different genres is astoundingly complex and there are apparently definitive and people are way to clear about what they like and don't like.

2. You make electro seem so exclusive. Like if I don't know any of the names of people I must not enjoy it. Oh man - Steve Aoki is so mainstream. Who cares!! I don't spend time hating on people for liking Britney Spears. And then anybody who only likes "mainstream"

3. You seem to think that you are the freest of people because of your pill popping and that you are raging until 6 am...no worries, Yolo -

4. Girls wearing nerd glasses

5. Neon clothes - why??

6. more likely to use hashtags to try boost popularity

I can live with you people but it is not a world that I can submerse myself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment