Thursday, January 6, 2011

last minute

I don't know why this is but I always seem to leave thing until the last minute. This final weekend is going to be so busy for me. I have so many people to see.

I had the whole day to myself today and I milked it. I didn't do much, Got a massage...

I must say ten spa is much better, not just because of the steam room. The massage there is just unreal. Anyways during the massage when my masseur was working on my back I was thinking...'this really hurts'. I often feel that the pain is a good thing and it's a good kind of pain and my body does feel pretty great. Then when you think about getting a massage you are reminded of the great feeling but when you are in there it really hurts, and you kind of wish they wouldn't hurt you so much. My feet though...or calfs; those never hurt!

That got me thinking...you know how sometimes you are in a situation, or you are in anticipation of a situation, it always is more exciting than the actual event. Anticipation and performance I believe contribute to overall fondness of something. A reason to never plan ahead, as so not to have expectations be unmet. But I often feel that our memories of a situation are more glorified than the actual experience. Maybe we just choose to leave out the bad parts because you don't want that to be the memorable part of your memory. Or maybe those details weren't really important in the whole scheme of things. Maybe sometimes those bad memories help make the situation better because you are able to bounce back and you feel as though you accomplished/conquered something.

1 comment:

  1. Re: your opening paragraph- we didn't even get to grab a java. I s'pose summer will do?

    ReplyDelete