Wednesday, August 8, 2012

the ballad of little B the blackberry

This story has been about 3 weeks in the making...tragically three weeks ago a tragic accident happened


"well I figured that on my walk home I was going to stop and get a yogurt cup on the way for my breakfast tomorrow. Sadly the yogurt decided that being confined in the plastic bag within my backpack was not what it wanted with it's life. Like a lemming driven to a cliff it allowed it's contents to spill, escaping from the bag and descending into the pits of my backpack; as far into the seems at it would be allowed to go. 

Sadly, my phone a poor spectator in the whole event was there as an unexpected casualty and became covered in the mucous textured liquid. Sadly, the sugary ingredient did not allow for easy removal, and the various orifices of the phone are fighting at this very moment not remain clear. It's too soon to say whether or not long term damage will result of this untimely act of selfishness. To me, the decision remains...furniture or iphone???"
           - email dated July 17th to my father

Needless to say I thought that it would be ok, it wouldn't get to bad because it wasn't like water...boy was I wrong. What started off as a cloudy screen on thursday night resulted as an unreadable screen friday morning. Completely unusable. 

It's really not as bad as not having a computer, but it's very difficult to stay in contact with people. I just have to always use facebook or email which I don't like. I like texting....It's also easier to stay in contact with my people back home. 

But...I took it as an opportunity. 

I would like to introduce the newest member of my family...my iPhone....

I am elated. It was a little difficult to actually purchase because of the fact that I have a canadian address. However the person who helped me at apple was amazing!!! Like I want to call him all the time and just chat with him....I should probably send him a thank you.

But please...feel free to message me. I'll talk to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment