Thursday, October 3, 2013

Deutsche Bahn - you have irritated me

So on 18.09 I decided it was time to buy my ticket for my trip this weekend to Munich. I did this just as I was leaving work...got home and found a coupon for 10 euros off. A little irritating, but whatever..I went online and wanted to see if I could amend my ticket. It looked like I could - there is a button that says "stornieren und umtauschen" which literally means cancel and exchange. When there is a button that says "cancel" I assume that when I am making the exchange I am going to cancel and get a new one. There is also a button under that says "stonieren" or cancel. I of course just wanted to trade the more expensive ticket for the ticket for which I could save my 10 euroes.

Today I checked my account balance and it looked a little low...a lot low...so I got a print out of my transactions and see that there was an extremely large charge from DB. So I logged onto my account and see that in fact I have two train tickets for my journey tomorrow. Not necessary. So I called in and the service agent tell me that I do in fact have to manually cancel the one ticket.

This website makes no sense. If I have to manually cancel anyways, why is there a button with the cancel and exchange option??!!! By cancelling today I have to pay a 15 euro service fee, meaning that using this coupon has essentially cost me 5 euros.

I called in to find out this information and said that it was misleading, and the service rep says that I should have called in...what is the point of having a website??!! It is also frustrating because I have so many options now of people that are driving to Munich with other Carpooling websites that I could have saved a lot more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment