Monday, February 17, 2014

17-01-14

So yesterday was the day i heard about ellen page coming out...literally my first reaction, was who cares!! I saw the headline and scrolled further. I mean good for her, but it really doesn't make a difference. Later on in the day one of my friends posted the video of her speaking at a human rights convention. I decided, hey, why not, I'll watch. Her speech was just fantastic, and I really appreciated her desire to want all people have fair treatment. She talked about the pressures that she has experienced to be a certain way due to the nature of her job. I thought, at the very least she is a good actress and can do that. Acting however is awful for the soul.

I do think she could have picked a better platform. Everyone gave her a standing ovation after her announcement. Good choice lady. My reaction - I was happy for her, but it still changes nothing in my life.

I thought it was really funny because after scrolling down and reading some of the comments, I got the impression that no one else cared.

I think at this point, there are enough people that it could soon just be normal. Like her casually mentioning in an interview that she and her girlfriend or whatever, or just show up on the red carpet with her partner. Celebs keep their relationships s secret for the most part anyways that it doesn't really matter what sexual orientation you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment