Thursday, February 6, 2014

the need to learn

I often find myself feeling quite guilty just to actually sit and veg out and relax. I think that it would be really cool to be on of those people that simply just knows so many things and can converse in every topic. This is a reason that I enjoy travelling so much, because I get to learn and see and experience.  I also feel like the more I learn about these places the more I gain from it. Often times after I see something I end up doing research after I go somewhere. I wonder if I actually learn to appreciate more after I have been somewhere.

My dad also loves to learn and has been doing some online exploring of mennonites in Amsterdam and sharing some of these insights with me and I am even more appreciative. I wonder if knowing everything makes an impact on how much a visit to a new place will touch and affect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment