Monday, December 24, 2012

a moderately ruined christmas

Well friends - it's officially christmas in amsterdam.

And it's the first time I have not been with my parents on christmas. Not only am I currently not with my parents...I am not with anyone.

You see about two days ago I had come back from my day earlier than my friend whose house I'm staying at. I had to pee sooo badly that somewhere between coming in and locking the door and getting to the room I lost the key that had been given to me. It is illogical that I should have lost it.

My plan tonight was to go to st. niklaas church because this is what I did with my parents last year and the music was amazing. I got ready to go and then went to the door and realized...I didn't have a key to even get out! I am literally trapped inside this apartment. That was a real let down because I really wanted to go.

I figured it would be a good time to catch up on some work because I don't want to have to do it when I'm home in winnipeg. So I did that for a while and then decided that I'd maybe try baking the brownie mix that I had purchased two days ago.

I mixed it up no problem and went to put it in the oven and realized that didn't work. I figured well...it's an interesting microwave I'll try that.


Nope...burned completely.

And it smells awful

And I'm still trapped inside. I hope tomorrow is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment