Sunday, December 9, 2012

cake for one

Today was a glorious sunday.

And on sundays...I like to eat cake.

I think this comes into one of my weird ritual things. My weekends have become frighteningly ritualized. Fridays - nap, Saturday - shopping in the morning, sundays - eat cake at cafe chaos.

Today was just wonderful. I told a friend a few weeks ago about how much I enjoyed doing this and she suggested Maulwurf Kuchen (Mole Cake)...which is chocolate cake with bananas and cream in the middle.

So I got to my seat, and ordered just this with a cappucino.

Then it arrived and looked amazing...So amazing that I had to instagram it naturally.


There was also an older-ish lady sitting at the end of the table (late 40s/early 50s) , and when her friend went to the washroom she made a comment about my cake and how amazing it looked. 

It did look amazing.

She also naturally noticed my accent and asked where I was from. We got to talking as per usual with me, and we ended up exchanging numbers, because she likes cake and coffee too. 

Then later I chatted it up with the server, and it is clear that he has started to recognize me. Obviously because I also go alone and read for a long time and order cake and coffee.

I love my rituals!

To make a magical experience even better - everyone in my section ended up leaving and I was in peace and quiet...

and then the avett brothers came on!

It was a beautiful snowy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment