Saturday, February 16, 2013

worscht

I was at work on thursday and we are just casually hanging out around the lunch table. Somehow the topic turns to the horse meat crisis that has hit the uk lately in which a lot of beef products have been mislabeled due to the fact that they have horse meat instead of beef as it is labeled.

What my coworkers were most shocked about is that the people were grossed out about eating horse meat. Apparently eating horse meat is a thing here. This was among the "older" demographic. My one coworker who is just 18 was grossed out because of the whole fact that it is a pet, or there is some sort of relationship to the animal. Like eating your cat....

That being said, I have been really into trying a lot of different foods.

If I was in a restaurant, I would never order cat to eat myself....but if someone is like hey, you should try this...I would...

Also...a lot of people get grossed out about hot dogs because you don't know what actually goes into the product. This doesn't bother me. If I'm eating brains or hooves...I'm ok with it. Isn't it more environmentally friendly? You are after all wasting less of the product.


No comments:

Post a Comment