Friday, July 16, 2010

on the fringe

So fridays seem to have sort of unofficially become family nights...or so they've worked out. Two fridays ago I went to see rent, last friday at folk festival and tonight my father had some tickets to the fringe festival. We attended a show called Who took out the White Trash

Some thoughts
* The main character was a southern baptist lesbian and man was she funny. She basically talked about how ignorant white trash people are. She also at one point says, some stereotypes and it's true. People don't get stereotupes without there being some truth. Blondes are all dumb! just kidding. I like it when racism can be joked about in public. I'd like to be able to poke fun at our differences. I think it makes people a lot more comfortable with each other and I think by recognizing our differences it makes us more understanding.

* We also went to banana boat after seeing our show. There was some irish guy when we go in there talking to what I assume was a mother and son talking to them about how ireland is now part of the british union..etc. And he just keeps talking to these guys going on and on about who knows what. And you can tell this woman does not want to be in the conversation, but she still keeps going along with it, but at the same time keeps giving me these looks, like Why does this guy keep talking to me? Lady... I don't know you, stop looking at me. These people also didn't even buy anything. What's that about?

* Does anyone ever go to the shows for the people trying to advertise their shows on the street? A good show will speak for itself. Every show there seems to have good reviews. Those people just bother me. If I don't look interested in taking your pamphlet, don't try to put it in my hand...save a tree

No comments:

Post a Comment