Sunday, March 27, 2011

a bunch of unrelated topics

Well freedom is just about a month away. What really sucks about summer is the anxiety of not getting a job. What's weird about leaving school is that I am going to not see most of these people ever again.


Last night I got treated like royalty. We went out for dinner at casa d'oro, and had such delicious seafood. I just love seafood so so much, and we had a ton, and delicious legit fresh made ceasar salad as well. Then we were at stellas and the person we went with got a both with bottle service. Can't complain.

Yesterday morning I was also at a workshop for youth for christ volunteering and we were talking about how we can connect with kids and some things really stuck out for me. First was that kids are so online and so connected, but they are no different from how I was as a kid. They all want the same things. I don't think I was ever a typical teenager though. I was pretty straight laced and non-rebellious. I'm watching the movie thirteen again right now and it just makes me sad. Kids these days (man there's an old person sentence) are just influenced by so many more different sources, and I get the feeling that acting bad is something cool. I just don't get it. Maybe I'm just an old lady that likes to follow rules. That might be it. Secondly I realized that the environment that kids grow up in has so so much to do with how they are going to act. But at the same time it may not be the case. There are some kids that grow up in amazing homes that just are awful to their parents. I don't know why people feel as though being nasty to others is a good way of life. It just really makes me sad. And worried. It makes me scared to ever have children.

I wish that I had a nicer room, like an old vintage-y bed and less cluttered. What I hate about my room is that I basically have to keep my life in here. When one has a home you have all sorts of different rooms to put your stuff in but in university I just have one room.

Man, I have such a craving for root beer right now.

1 comment:

  1. I hate nastiness. Actually. If there's one thing that really makes my blood boil is someone being a royal BRAT for literally no reason whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete