Wednesday, May 11, 2011

a golf pro I am not

So I started work last friday at larters golf course. So far...I like it (mind you it's only three shifts). It's very interesting because I work with only boys. Everyone in the pro shop, and then the back-shop are all of the male persuasion.

I need to build up some street, or pardon, course cred. I won't lie...I'm not that great at golf, and as far as suggesting clubs I have nothing to offer. I do however make up for that with my enthusiasm and ability to make small talk. It's obvious that the sport is quite male dominated. One customer was even making remarks to the idea that women ruin golf. I played it cool and said "I'll just turn around and close my ears". There are a lot of weirdos. The first couple shifts I got to hear some great stories and I look forward to hearing/experiencing more!

I need to find some more work hours though to make enough europe money!!

I have had these few days off so monday my dad and I went golfing and I did have some nice shots, but hitting the ball everytime I swing is not yet a forte of mine. I may spend some time afterwork hitting at the driving range. I just really don't want anyone to see how bad I suck!! That's why it's nice to just hit the course.

Today I cleaned my room some more/ again and went to the MCC thrift store and got a neat little dish to put rings in...and another creative idea...a vase for my bracelets. I spent a whole whopping $0.55. I impress myself.





I have also come to the conclusion I have way to many clothes...especially socks. I am very specific on which socks can be worn when.

No comments:

Post a Comment