Wednesday, June 8, 2011

facing fears

Today I changed my cell phone number...You know in the sex and the city movie when Carrie had a new number and it had a new area code and she was freaking out. Well I share a little bit of that same anxiety. I have been thinking about doing it for...well since I got home from school. I realize that I sometimes need to call people here and I don't really want to spend that much on long distance. I think the thing I was freaking out the most about is if people want to get ahold of me that don't have my number.

I also like the fact that I don't have a 204 number. It's cool that I can go 'wait a second, it's area code 905...It goes along with that whole I like to be different aspect of my life. It's also scary because It is indicative of the fact that my life in Ontario is over, and that special aspect about me is no longer there.

So anyways...I do not plan on memorizing this new number because it was just awful. Just the fact that it took me a month and a half to get it shows my resentment of the new number. I had to leave me house to do it. I went to starbucks to psych myself up and then I went to the park where I couldn't chicken out.

It's also weird how many textversations started that way.

The park was also funny because there were these boys dancing without shirts....and of course I took a video!



sorry it's a little bit far distance, didn't really feel the need to go up any closer

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could see the boys dancing....but alas, I can't quite squint them out..... help?
    Also- condolences on the new number, I got your text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, I think you were just freaking out too much about your number and THOUGHT that you saw shirtless boys dancing! You were hallucinating!

    ReplyDelete