Monday, June 20, 2011

uniforms

So I did it...or tried to.

I have a significant amount of money that is currently owed to the University of Mannheim. This is to cover the first month of rent plus a deposit. Needless to say I had to deposit my latest paycheck in order to cover this amount. Yowza...

Anyways, this story is not about me complaining about how much money I owe. This story is about the people working at the bank...specifically their clothing choices. My mother hates going to steinbach credit union because they all have to wear uniforms and she feels that they are all just cogs in the machine. Personally I don't mind. Today I went to the scotiabank downtown and my appreciation for uniforms grew. The clothing choices worn by the employees at scotiabank just seemed so appropriate. The downtown location of this scotiabank would lead me to assume many important people would use this bank, hence one would want to trust these people with your money. The way these people were dressed did not inspire confidence within the company.

By no means do I expect everyone to dress exactly the same because not everyone looks good in the same thing. There are a few guidelines as far as business casual that I believe do need to be adhered to. If I ever had a business these rules would be enforced.

1. No visible tattoos. I have a tattoo, and I see nothing wrong with them. Sadly, they may not be appreciated by all people. I don't want to see someones entire legs covered with tattoos because they can be seen by some as offensive for some in a formal setting. I also just don't see them as classy, not to mention, the older they are the worse they look. I don't really know if I have any way to justify it so I'll just have to leave it at that.

2. To add to these tattoos, legs should be covered. I'm sorry to all middle aged women out there but there are a lot of you that simply should not have your legs out for the world to see. There was one women who had on a skirt much to small for my tastes, and likely most other peoples tastes as well. To top it off she was wearing a denim jacket which was much to casual for the work place. It was all around just a poor choice for a bank.

3. No cleavage. This was also an issue in my work place and I often see way more breast-age of larger women than I really want to. To be honest I don't find it offensive if you are a smaller person and they aren't flopping around everywhere.

4. I don't like those really cheap looking jackets from like sirens that have the lace in the back. It it's nicer high quality lace it's not bad, but especially that crochet stuff - it looks passe. And again, not bank appropriate.

5. So I do love leggings, and I get the hole leggings as pants is a no no and I have on occasion broken this rule...whatever.Leggings however should NEVER be worn to work. Personally I hate 3/4 length leggings for the most part. The one girl was wearing this style as seen above with the lace on the bottom. That just doesn't work.


These are just my observations towards a bank where you want to be able to trust people with your money. It seemed as though people were trying to dress much to young and from that I interpret that they are not taking themselves seriously, therefore, why should I take them seriously.

I must add as well, that the men were dressed quite handsomely, and were not hard on the eyes either...Good job boys.

There were some other babes downtown too...that is one reason I love going down there. I guess I have a thing for business suits

No comments:

Post a Comment