Thursday, August 25, 2011

musical

I hope you pronounced that the way the drama teacher pronounced it in high school musical.

"Musi-kal"

It's been the week of musicals for myself. Well I've just seen two but I've doubled the usual average of one per year.

I saw hairspray on sunday and let's just say it was funny. Not in the way that others found it funny, but funny in the way that I would laugh at others for thinking stuff was funny.

Another thing - the gentleman playing Link Larkin whose character is supposed to be in high school definitely had the nice birds nest hair style going on. No doubt he was decent, but I believe most people in high school have all their hair. Let's just say he was no Zac Efron.

Tonight I saw Wicked which was actually really good and there were parts that were truly funny. I highly recommend it.

There were two things that I felt worth mentioning that I spent some time thinking about during the musicals.

1. No matter what I always try to figure out which of the cast members are gay - and who is sleeping with who. Obviously it's not important but I always wonder if there is sexual tension between cast members spending so much time together.

2. Do the performers ever feel awkward singing so close to each other? Like can they smell each others breath? And can they even hear themselves? It must be so weird to hear the echo from the miked voice.

3. I have now made the resolution at every musical I want to be the person that people overhear and laugh at and think I'm crazy. I started to day by making comments like "I don't get it" Or being racists towards the green character. I just want to throw other people off their game and think I'm serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment