Wednesday, August 31, 2011

exciting updates from mannheim

So I made it here safe and sound. People were so super helpful. I had no idea what on earth I was going at the frankfurt airport in order to get to the train but I managed to make it! I actually got help from a mannheimer who had lived the past two years in canada. Then on my train I was sitting by some older folks from brampton. Canadians all over!!

1. The best part about germany so far: there is a sink in my room and the windows open completely wide open.

2. People here look completely normal and then they talk german and I am like oh yeah!!!

3. I still pretty much have no idea what I'm doing

4. I don't really want to eat at home because the kitchen is so messy. I have had to meals so far and neither at home. Döner for every meal? Yes please!

5. I live in an old army barracks and the floors are so gross. I think I am going to pull a Mr. Rogers and change shoes every time I come and go from the house.

6. I bought a small lamp for my room and it smells like curry.

7. Alcohol is so cheap!!! Perhaps 10 euros for 24. I saw a 6-pack of one my father would spend almost $3 on for 3 euros! I myself purchased a litre and a half of sangria for a euro fifty.

8. I can't work my friggen phone!




I had to clean the kitchen today... that's a whole story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment