Wednesday, August 24, 2011

trip prep

So I'm going to germany on monday for quite some time and it was both SOO stressful but SOO exciting.

I have been really calm with all my trip preparations

I think there are a few things that I'm nervous about though.

Looking like a tourist
I hate looking like I don't know what I'm doing and I am a very proud person and I really like to figure things out for myself. This also has to do with the clothes that I'm wearing. I don't want people to think that I'm american. Thinking about that I definitely don't have any canada flag for my bags. Does anyone know if this will actually be a benefit?

What on earth do I bring?
I started packing and I didn't have as many clothes as I thought. I know I should bring more, but I'll go crazy if I do shopping...and I'll destroy H&M out there. I'm just really trying not to go overboard.

Taking the train when I arrive in frankfurt
I have never taking the train before. I don't know where to go in the airport. I will also by dragging a huge suitcase and gigantic backpack with me. People will be so frustrated with me. How do I communicate non-verbally that hey this is my entire 4 months that I live here.

Apparently we live in the ghetto
It's quite advisable not to walk around outside at night. The girls said that the place we live is nice but there are always cops around. I'm hoping that it's just one of those german person things where they like to be super secure.

Commiting cultural faux pas.
Again, related to the first part. I just don't want to stick out.


I think that if I end up staying in germany for a while I'm going to get a dog.

I had so much more that I was thinking about writing... but please just come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment