Saturday, May 5, 2012

Awkward hands

You know what I never really thought about before but would make an interesting study. Why people play with things unknowingly...

I am hugely guilty of this. Like when I watch TV I usually like to have something in my hand. When I worked at impark I would often play with a paper clip or staple while I was on the phone.

I really thought about it last week when my roommate had friends over and she was playing with a wine cork. I do that as well.

Maybe when you're in a conversation it is just extremely difficult to just sit there and stare at someone talking without being totally awkward. Maybe that's why people like to eat together, it gives them something to do with their hands.

I've also had situations where I make a clear effort to wear a ring on a different finger, or a bracelet on the other hand, but I'll get home later and find it on the finger that I find most comfortable. Becky also used to always get on my case for playing with my rings in class, especially because I would drop it and the sound would be so annoying

No comments:

Post a Comment