Monday, May 14, 2012

culture shock

I love the German culture and lifestyle, and it's weird knowing that I have lived in Canada 22.5 years and now to come back I find such obvious differences that I really have noticed.

- When I went to VJs there were these guys that were such Scheisskerls, like they were these inner city bums that make Canadians looks bad. I do not miss those people.

- There was so much food in our fridge

- The city is so vast

- there is so much SPACE

- our kitchen is huge

- the streets are so busy! ( I haven't driven in 8.5 months)



Finally a funny story.
Yesterday I was super tired and fell asleep around 7, then when my parents woke me up I was talking to them in German, completely confused and baffled why they didn't understand me because I was trying so hard to explain, and they just didn't get it. Then I realized what had happened and I fell right back asleep.

I'm sure there is going to be more shocks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment