Saturday, May 26, 2012

eating well

Being here back home for a little bit longer I have started to get used to everything again...except grocery shopping...

first off, the size of the stores are overwhelming

I actually want to go through the grocery store with a camera because I don't think the Germans would actually believe the size.

One thing that has really gotten on my nerves is how much choice we have. We don't need that much. Why do we need 15 feet of shelf space only for ketchup, or mayonnaise, with about 15 different options with sizes and brands. It's so unneeded. It just adds to the large American mentality.

What really bothers me however are the prices of food. There are things that I see and I nearly throw up because they cost so much. I'm someone who eats a lot of cheese and bread in Europe, and here I see a comparable size of camenbert, for 5 dollars whereas I could get it for a euro in Germany, and fresh mozzerella...same issue!!

It makes me so mad that it costs so much here to eat good food. I also feel like marketing is so much more overwhelming. There are also so many more flavours of products. Just go down the cracker aisle!!

I feel like all these flavours are supposed to make us feel like we are enjoying the 'finer things in life' but it's all the same shit! We are so disillusioned to think that we are getting these great flavours. It's highly likely they were developed in some chemical factory in the mysterious land of...new jersey!! (or something equally glam)

I'm just so excited to go back and get my Laugenbrezel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment