Saturday, May 11, 2013

being away from mom and dad

I was reminded again yesterday that sunday is mothers day. For me mothers day is an annual event that I usually forget. Usually I will be reminded that day in church (usually I'm also in church because I'm newly home from school) and then I will whisper to my mom.

For us it's not a big day. It's in the same category as valentines day. It's nice to celebrate, but I'm not going all out for it.

It's also crazy to think, I have been away from my mother (and father) for about 6 years. I find that so strange. It's weird to think that we have spent 6 years apart (summers not included for the 5 years). I miss living with them. They were the best roommates I ever had!

I also realize that I can't stay a child forever but I am definitely feeling that I am almost completely in the category of having an adult relationship with my parents. I'm sure this is part of my lack of financial dependence as well (although I still owe them from school).

I am excited to travel with them this summer too. During uni I was never able to make family trips with them...but now the old tradition begins again!

No comments:

Post a Comment