Tuesday, September 27, 2011

amsterdam: track suits

boy twitter has really kept me from being a good solid blogger - my apologies.

Anyways...
I started noticing that when we were in Amsterdam, there were so many people wearing tracksuits. Like the adidas ones. I understand that they are comfortable and look alright, not great but alright, but I really don't understand why the entire tracksuit at one time.

This might be a weird thing, but it seems like the tracksuit is the business suit of the athlete. I think it may just be the top and bottom matching that I find slightly irritating. Back in my athletic days I never enjoyed being completely matchy matchy unless you had the really nice high quality tracksuits that actually looked good together. But, when I had the sweatsuits with hoodies and sweatpants I made it a point to never wear the matching ones because it just looks so silly.

Anyways, my noticing of the tracksuits happened the saturday morning that I was in amsterdam was the first time I really made it a conscious thing to notice all these tracksuits. I shared my findings with becky and sylvia and now we have this stupid game of pointing out adidas whenever we see it. It ends up being an average of 5 spottings at least everyday.

Maybe I have just never really thought about it before, because I didn't really notice how many people here in germany are dressing in a similar fashion. I will admit though there are many more complete track suits in Amsterdam.

I feel like everyone here dresses so nice that an adidas tracksuit is the very lowest level of bum you can go without wearing sweats and still remain socially acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment