Saturday, February 11, 2012

feelings old

So big footy match today (I'm going to start my new pretentiousness by calling soccer football, I will increase all my pretentiousness, especially when I get back to winnipeg and rub in everyone's face that I was living in europe).

I have been a liverpool fan ever since I was probably around 8 years old...why liverpool you ask? I think because I started off as a michael owen fan. I liked him because he was so young and soo good. I was very into soccer when I was younger and played. Every saturday morning I would watch with my father and he kind of liked liverpool and so because michael owen played for them I decided that I should become a fan too. I was pretty obsessed because I also had a large crush on him as well. Most young girls will have pictures of celebrities - I had three or four michael owen posters. The greatest thing ever was when I got the actual michael owen kit - and this is back when he was still number 18. I still remember as well during the 98 world cup when he became the youngest world cup scorer. Michael now plays for manchester...which is just garbage. I should actually say that he sits of the bench for manchester due to the fact that he is always injured. I also follow him on twitter and it just makes me dislike him even more. He actually recently released and app and I was reading some reviews about how lame this app was - no surprise.

So this comes up because I am currently watching the pregame showfor liverpool vs. manchester and I'm seeing more and more guys that I remember watching when I was young and it's just so strange that they have moved on. It makes me feel a little old.

I'm also a little bothered because they are doing a little profile of andy carroll...and I am not enjoying it. I really don't understand why he starts as much as he does. He is just not impressing me at all. I just don't see the work rate compared to some of the other players. I know that he's on a bit of a goal drought right now, but he just doesn't put himself in the place for enough chances like suarez does.


Also something weird is that I am watching the pregame show which is sponsered by ford. But this is a british station that I'm watching.

1 comment:

  1. I mentally clicked a giant "like" button after reading your first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete