Sunday, February 12, 2012

is it enough

So I love to creep blogs. I spend hours looking through other people's tumblrs just trying to get inspired.

A lot of the content has to do with fashion and decor and food and I just really appreciate so many of the pictures that are being posted and there are so many things that I want to incorporate into my lifestyle but I know that I'm going to have some retention of about 10%.

There are also a lot of ideas for DIY projects that you can do for your home...I love to DIM. And looking at all these pictures makes me want to DIM and I'm just so inspired to look at all these different style influences and try and find what I really like out of all these things. But I like to many things. Once I get my own house I don't know how I'm going to deal with making it how I want it. I see all these cool little projects but when will I reach the point where I say ok I'm happy with what I have. I don't want to constantly be buying these new little things that I think are going to make my house look cool, because I will eventually just lose the aesthetic under a massive pile of junk. I think about my parents house and how there are things that have obviously been changed and remodelled through out the years, and there are things that have been redone and now wouldn't hurt from being redone again. Namely the room that was sponge painted pink. So ugly, but pretty cool at the time. But It woulnd't be bad if it didn't look like that any more. And I know that houses constantly seem to be a work in progress but does that then mean that you won't truly be able to anjoy your house to the fullest. Like I sometimes think, wow I would enjoy this more if I had a comfier couch. Or even my room there. I don't really like the furniture I have in my room. It doesn't match and it looks outdated. It's ok because I won't live there for a while. But I like the darkness and I love my bed.

I also think about when I become rich and famous - will I want to live in an apartment or a house and what kind of house do I want because I want different types of houses. Biggest requirement - a library....

I think my only realistic solution is to have multiple houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment