Monday, February 13, 2012

a multi tasker

I have a very difficult time focusing on doing one thing.

whenever I sit an do something rather mindless, like watching tv or a program on my computer I have a difficult time just sitting there and not doing anything.

When I was little I used to be addicted - like seriously addicted - to making necklaces and bracelets with beads. Looking back I was very entrepreneurial and tried to sell them but I completely understand why no one would buy them. They were decent quality but fashion wise were not the most amazing. I don't think I often even wore my own creations. When ever I would watch tv I always had my little 'station' set up on a bench and I would drag it over every night and sit on my bean bag chair, stuffed with foam and craft. When I stopped being so into beading I would feel like I was being inefficient and lazy with my time whenever I would just sit there and do nothing. This led into a few failed knitting projects and no I often am reading blogs when I watch programs. I can rarely just do one thing at a time. (this is especially evident when I try to study) When I used to practice piano it was always important for me to try and memorize things as early as possible so that I could play them mindlessly while reading magazines; books just didn't stay open.

Even now when I don't feel like reading any of my blogs I will have something in my hand that I play around with. I never really thought about it until this year, but it's true, I can never focus on just one thing at a time.

I think this is one reason I like to be busy at work - because I always know that I'm going to have more things to do and more things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment