Friday, March 1, 2013

01-03

Today at work some unfortunate news was announced...seems that a paycut is in my future....at least as far as my holidays.

There has been some uncertainty within the company and there is of course always the concern that I could lose my job. After all - in my department I am easily the most junior person there. I was sort of day dreaming about what I would be doing if I wasn't working where I was.

The last thing that I want to do right now is move back to Canada. I love it way to much out here. It's so strange. Even the thought of eventually finding a new job is terrifying. I wouldn't say I LOVE my job, but I do like it. I am also in a place where I do not hate anybody I work with. There are a few people that I would be ok not seeing everyday - but I like them enough that I want all the best for them. But it's just a great work place where people aren't constantly talking crap about each other. I'd say other than Larters it's the least toxic work environment I've ever had.

I think it's because everyone is so open with each other. If we are frustrated we have no problem telling someone exactly how we feel. But it is not so bad that we will say horrible things to or about someone.

I am so thankful for these things and it is scary to ever think about leaving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment