Thursday, March 14, 2013

The old lady who lives upstairs

I for some reason have some weird need that makes me want to help random strangers. More often than not this instinct really kicks in after a few beers. I am always looking out for others then. I often see older people in the city and want to help them out but I am scared that they will think that I am a creep and am going to mug them or something - which for the the record, I would never do.

The germans are generally private people and so I usually hold back this instinct of helpfulness.

A few weeks ago I finally had the chance though. I got into my building and I saw an older lady with a cane at the bottom of the stairwell with a bag of groceries. I asked if I could bring them upstairs and he was very thankful.

My question however is why does this old lady live at the very top floor of my building and how does she manage to get her groceries up the stairs normally. It would take her likely 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment