Saturday, June 19, 2010

"the netherlands is like europes gay uncle" - Ed Schmidt

So I watched the soccer game this morning. Luckily my father knew to wake me up for the second half because I would have simply slept through it otherwise, considering the start time of the game, compared to last nights sleeping time. So the game was really apparently not the exciting, but fate struck in the 53' minute with Wesley Sneijder hitting a laser that the goalie simply could not handle...

Something interesting about the world cup. A lot of people are talking about how the world cup is really strange that is because the play is just not as exciting as it has been in the past. My father suggests that it's becasue everyone is scared to make mistakes, I think I agree. I did have more to talk about but I just can't remember. I was impressed by Japans play though. It's interesting that the asian countries have all oriental looking players but many europeans teams have much more diversity within the team. Also it's interesting that every team seems to have a style that reflects characteristics of the country. For example, protestant work ethic...or italian soccer is full of drama...Maybe it's just me

No comments:

Post a Comment