Sunday, June 20, 2010

happy fathers day

So today is fathers day..I did not spend the morning with my father, instead I spent it watching the marathon runners with my mother; my father probably prefers watching soccer anyways.

Anyways, the real draw to the marathon is the fact that my friend ryan was running. Interesting event. He decided only two months ago that running a marathon was in fact something to do. So we went to watch just on lyndale after mile 18. When we saw him he was not looking to hot. Pretty tired. that's understandable after running 18 miles. Only 8 to go! So I just got a text from Vanessa saying that he has now finished just ten minutes shy of 5 hours. I could not ever run that long. Not even if I tried. I am very proud of him, being able to cross something off of his bucket list. It was also neat to be able to see the very first leaders of the pack. It's very nice also to see neighbourhoods come together to cheer for the runners. The marathon is a very "city" event for all people to come together. It's very nice to see that. We were also in the area of my friend Karina so her father and sister came out and sat with us and she came later.

It's a sunny day and I'm going to go keep enjoying it at lunch at my oma and opas!

No comments:

Post a Comment