Saturday, August 21, 2010

10th floor please

So I have wanted to go to ten spa for pretty much all summer after an experience with my mother a few years ago. I've learned that the spa lifestyle is one I'd really like to be a part of, except the financial constraints really get in the way. I needed to get in there so my brilliant idea...massage! That way I could have health care pay for at least part of the costs. I also didn't want to drag any friends down dirt poor road so I just went by myself today. It lived up to my expectations.

Some lessons learned...
- I love steam rooms. I love the feeling of just sweating things out. I prefer steam to sauna because the smell is so much better.

- A lot of body products you buy at the store are of tasty but simulated scents. At the spa everything is natural smelling, like herbs and stuff. It's weird how you would never think that an herb you cook with could also be used in your massage lotion.

- I had a naked experience. I went into the steam room and there was a lady with her business fully on display, did I look yes of course, it was right in front of me. I did not feel awkward though. I let her catch a little skin to let her know it was alright and then I just shut my eyes and relaxed. I did also make sure not to make eye contact.

- The massage was beyond any massage I have ever had. Hot towels were used on my back and after he was finished he put on Japanese mint oil and it made it all numb and tingly. He then moved on to giving me a foot massage and you all probably don't know this, but that is a weak spot for me. I was having such a tough time focusing because the mint oil was good enough on it's own. I nearly lost my breathe. I also had on a sleep mask because I was facing up and it was weird because there were so many different sensations.

Please, someone bring me again!

1 comment:

  1. False! Saunas smell better if you use sauna oils. Plus, steam rooms are weak!

    ReplyDelete