Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's not just a computer, it's a lifestyle

I am a mac.

Thursday of this week was pretty awesome for me. After work I went with Karina and we got my new hair extensions, then she came over and we watched real world which was lovely. Then after she left and my dad got home my mother says to me "we need to have a talk". I am freaking out at this point, I'm like what have I done? What is going to happen? And my dad says to go get my computer, I had a bit of an inkling that something good was going to happen so I didn't say "But dad, mom's computer is right there on the table" And then they told me about my brand spanking new shiny mac that was in their closet. I didn't cry because I was just to shocked. I'm so happy. It's just so out of the blue. It's just a strange coincidence because I was talking to people at work about how much I'm not spoiled, it's not true at all. Then another coincidence...about half an hour latermy mother was on her facebook and apparently my uncle is taking old unwanted laptops to africa. That was posted about the time I got my laptop!!!

So in terms of me being spoiled, that brings me to another point. Yesterday I was working overtime at work to make a couple extra bucks, and that overtime took place standing in a parking lot outside of le chateau on ellice waiting for people to pay to go to the bomber game. It was just terrible. It was pouring rain for about an hour and a half (starting at 3:30) when I got there and it warmed up thank goodness but I was still wet until I got home and took off my stuff. The coolest part was getting to know some of the attendants, who we all at the office assume are dumbasses because of the silly mistakes they make. It's weird how they are apparently 75% something other than caucasian, yet no one in the office is of another race except one chinese guy.

After all the cars had parked I just spent some time schwatzing with a girl who was 23 but had moved here from sudan. She spoke very good english and I couldn't believe it was only 3 years ago that she had moved. She asked me questions about myself and vice versa, but I wondered after a few moments whether or not I was sounding really snooby. I think that's something I really need to watch for. I don't think that's the impression I want to give off, although I probably am sometimes. I just like nice things! At the same time I also wonder if perhaps I am judging because she is of a different ethnicity than me and of a different experience and perhaps she doesn't relate but it's ok that she doesn't. I don't even for a second think that I am better than her.

No comments:

Post a Comment