Tuesday, August 3, 2010

talking about myself again...big surprise

So as mentioned before I am working at the brazil pavillion. I have had a few moments to learn about myself. To set the stage, I don't know anyone that works there. I jumped into it completely unknowing as to what I would be doing or what would be happening. Why? This summer I wanted to make it a great summer. Not just sit around and do nothing. Some of my friends have been ind of AWOL so I have taken it upon myself to work hard and not let that get me down, so I have been pretty busy. So at folklorama I have no of these pre-whatever thoughts about me so I could be whatever kind of person I wanted. I realized though that people probably think I have a pretty a-type personality. I never really considered myself a hard worker, but being here I found that I have been working pretty hard, and I feel myself getting frustrated when others (including the co-ordinator for the food area in which I am working) are not staying on top of things. I guess I just feel satisfaction in doing a good job, which is weird because I have never really considered myself a very hard worker, not that I'm a slacker, I just don't think that the perception of how people see me. A lot of people there as mentioned in a previous post, are dancingly inclined. I feel so akward when I dance. I really don't think that I am an outgoing person although I may have been a little bit more so as a kid. I'm not one to make noise in a crowd of many. I also don't think that I necessarily care what people think of me, but at the same time I do want to give people an accurate impression of myself. I just don't think I'm a fun person. I am just not really good at it. I know it's not what you may consider a "skill" persay, but I think I just have a tough time letting go of reservations I may have. I do also wish that I was better at being louder, but I do hate it when people are obnoxious and in people's faces so maybe I just really worry about being that person...I don't know....Maybe I concern myself less with what people think of me as opposed to people I don't want people to think I am. I guess this is just another step in "discovering who I am as a person"

1 comment:

  1. D, you're definitly a fun person.. You're probably one of the ppl I have the most fun with. Just because you don't throw yourself out there doesn't mean you're not "fun". I don't know.. haha just sayin. LOVE YOU xo -Lola

    ReplyDelete