Monday, August 2, 2010

samba sunday

So first things first, I have come to the conclusion that I am going to need to have my own dirty dancing moment.
Clearly I'm white. Clearly I am not brazilian, and in no way do I resemble one. As you may know I have been volunteering at the brazil folklorama pavillion. It was a random decision but I have really been working hard at making this a great summer and so I thought I would do something that I have never done before. So I have been in the kitchen the past two days and will continue to do so the rest of my week. Mostly so far i have been scooping gelati, which is quite painful. I had to take a piankiller and heat on my hand this morning!!! (That was after 7 hours of scooping). So the dancing in the show is incredible. We have these samba dancers that are in the full carnival outfits and it makes me wish I was brazilian SOO badly. I guess I'd have to deal with poverty and a poor economy, but at least I'd be able to dance. I think as someone coming from a house where I NEVER danced as a child other than ballet lessons or other wise, but it seems like something that you are supposed to do as a person. I know the whole dance like no one is watching expression, but that's not something I feel I'm very good at. I just really feel I have no skill as a dancer whatsoever. I can move and groove nicely with the rest of them, but nothing compared to these brazlilians. And the men have such amazing bodies and the way they move them makes my jaw drop. YAY...four more nights!!



On another note I think there was a fear factor marathon on TV today.....man is that an old show!

1 comment: