Sunday, February 13, 2011

blogging down

So I will admit, I watch glee. I would not put myself into the realm of gleekdom in any capacity. In fact there are a couple things about the show that bother me. First, when they have their little glee club meetings, when someone has an idea why do they have to get up in front of the room to state their little statement. Like does that ever happen to anyone else is class. Even someone standing up to talk is a little weird. I consider it less of a town hall like situation I guess. I also hate the sound quality of the voices when they sing. It sounds very over produced, especially with the scene that they are in. Obviously I know that they aren't really singing, but at least make it sound a little rawer.

I think I mostly like it for the bright colours and occasional song I like.

When you were little id you ever play the game the Sims. I did. I always hated when to get a job promotion you had to have so many friends. Then every night after my Sim came home from work I'd try to get them to make friends with people. Then you'd get that pop up stating that you'd lost a friend. I found it so frustrating. The more I've thought about it though, the more it's true. There are obviously some relationships that truly go on without a hitch despite not talking in a few months. I have a couple of those. Like when I went to go visit Laura at the beginning of the year it's just like old times when we lived together in second year. There are some people that I think, man I haven't talked to them in forever, it would be great to catch up again. Some people I'm willing to let move on, but it's still nice to kind of see what's happening in life.

I will say that I did enjoy high school quite a lot, but it's weird how many dreams I've had about high school - type theme. A little while back I had one about going to my ten-year reunion and in this dream it scared the bejesus out of me. And being awake, I'm not really that jazzed on going anymore. I think that I'm at the point where I don't feel like I have to prove myself. I think a lot of times I feel that I get looked over more than my ego would like me to believe. I remember in high school thinking about moving away to come to university thinking, that's right I'll show them! But now, I guess I do still want to do and be the best that I can, but it's not to show other people wrong. It's a lot more for me, and because I want to strive for and achieve things and actually work and earn things.

I just want to be happy...



1 comment: