Sunday, February 6, 2011

nearly @ 100! yikes

So I was at church with my grandparents today and I was killing some time in the church library. It's a little sad at the lack of difference in books for the teenagers. That library has not been updated for a long time. They had some of the old school nancy drew books...Loved those once upon a time.

It's no secret that I love to read. I had a few favourite series back in the day



LOVED em...the secretary at my mothers school had all the little sister books...like that annoying little Karen character. Does anyone remember those giant super specials?

I also had a fond love for anything mary kate and ashley including the full house older sister books with stephanie (although she wasn't nearly as cool)

I almost want to go back and read all these cheesy books. When I was little I also had a deal with my parents that I would get paid for all my reading. This happened after keeping track of reading in grade 3 (I think)...and I smoked everyone...like real bad. So I wasn't really getting paid that much but it was a little incentive. I'm also a really fast reader. I told my friends about this later in life and they asked if I ever lied about reading...this never happened. It took away from the heart of the game. Besides I was already lying about how much piano I practiced.

My point is these books really helped me get my numbers up!

The church also had a wishbone poster and that got me real amped up. I will pay money for any DVD's of that show if they ever get released so that I will be able to show my children one day


2 comments:

  1. Did I read the Full House sister books? YUP! (Including the MK&A mystery books). And Nancy Drew. Samers. Also...speaking of books...interestingly enough February is I LOVE TO READ MONTH! At least it was in elementary school....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, this Wednesday, Feb 9th is Story book character day at our school as part of I love to Read month. The students get to dress up like their favorite story book character. More than likely we'll see the Principal from the Arthur books, and maybe Mrs. Frizzle. The kids love it!!
    la

    ReplyDelete