Saturday, February 5, 2011

dream vacation

I have never really thought about this much in the past...but within the past week I have though, something so awesome would be visiting a ghost town. I'd like to be able to just walk around and break things and destroy buildings.

I also heard this week in german class about these trips that little travel agencies do in german cities called (translated) 'into the blue' trips. Basically you just go to some unknown destination and travel around.

Here's the thing, my favourite thing is to get lost and have some random adventures. My least favourite thing is anticipation. I don't like the feeling of building something up and then it not being as good as you expect. It's kind of the opposite of how you remember something better than it actually was. One of my profs has made the point of never going back to a place that he enjoyed because it won't live up to the expectations.

Another thing that I wish there was...the opposite for a belated birthday wish. Like if you find out someone's birthday is coming up in a few days you want to wish them a happy birthday before it actually happens. I always feel kind of dumb for saying happy advance birthday...although I am awfully creative with words sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment