Wednesday, April 4, 2012

growing up (aka freaking out)

I had one of those moments today..you know when you are really unclear about what you want with your future...reminiscent of what most new grads feel I assume. I won't be so callous as to say that I am a new graduate yet, but these feelings have started.

I went and talked to my boss at work today about whether or not there was a potential of any plans for me with the company I am interning with. We talked about where I want to live...and immediately, of course I'd love to stay in Germany. But then I started thinking about it....

Don't worry I'm not stressed, or super anxious, or losing sleep about this...

It's just scary for me to think about staying somewhere for longer than a year. I am just trying to find out how long I have to be in canada to qualify for some stuff...but I feel like I'd be willing to live anywhere. But Then I got to thinking, wherever I work is where I am going to have to make a life. Then that led me to thinking about actually being an adult and actually starting to build a life. Up until this point I feel like I always have these things that I look forward to. Right now I'm looking forward to going home. In summer I always get excited about going back to school. I am just scared about getting bored somewhere and getting stuck in a rut and being unhappy with the choice that I've made.

I'm going to hopefully try to combat these feelings by not freaking out about it and try and keep myself entertained instead of sitting around waiting until I die.

Wow that ended on an awfully  morose tone.


No comments:

Post a Comment