Monday, April 16, 2012

Wieder Versichert

So I will now be able to tell you the wonderful details of myself that I have not been able to share with you for the past few weeks due to illegality. It's gonna be a long one so I'll get you a chance to change into your comfortable pants, maybe grab a drink...


ready...?

Ok, so about three weeks ago I wanted to register for my procurement exam (which actually reminds me that I still need to do that) and anyways the dialogue screen wasn't loading properly or displaying the correct information. Not understanding why I emailed the support staff and I received a simple response...because you are not matriculated. wtf...that didn't make sense. So I emailed the liaison and so at the beginning of the year she told me that I had to pay a fee of 59 euros and the school would reimburse me because of all the crap that happened with this class I was supposed to take last year. In my mind I didn't understand that this money had to be paid to enrol me. I needed the money at the time and needed to be fluid so I figured it would just show a debit and then credit to my account, like it would at Brock. Sadly not the case. She told me that now I would have to pay those 59 euros without a reimbursement, plus an additional 20 euro late me. I was so cheesed, but by this point I just don't want to go back to school at all. So I had a little freak out and had to figure out what I wanted to do. Ideally I would be just taking a class at home and getting it done with there were I figured it would just be less complicated. I wanted to just be sure about insurance so I emailed the insurance company...

The response?

You haven't had insurance since february.

Oh....

So I immediately realized that I would be taking this class, but first I needed my insurance back. Literally that process took about two weeks, and finally I got it back today. Meanwhile I had to register with the city. It is illegal for me to be here without proper insurance. Luckily I got something else. Something so that I can cross the borders.

I was also riding my bike home the other day and my tires got stuck in the streetcar rails and all I could think was I can't get hurt, I'm not insured!!  

So hopefully stress is relatively reduced in the next few weeks because I don't actually have a place to live after saturday...so that's kind of fun..

Anyways - I'm  in mannheim at my couch surfers place, she has gone out for the night and I am stuck in doing homework and watching the soccer game. I'm friggen tired though. Perhaps I'll just go to bed early and get up early to do my homework then.

No comments:

Post a Comment