Sunday, June 17, 2012

How a tree pooped on me and other stories

So I'm back in the Big Old land called Germany...

(sidebar, just saw Family guy in German...why don't I watch this!!)

So I'm currently doing couch surfing during the two weeks until I get my apartment. It's nice place I'm staying with (a guy and his family). I'm starting to get a little bit impatient though because I really want to move into my own place and start work and just get things going. I feel right now like I'm just stuck in some weird Germany purgatorial space. (I'm still waiting for my work visa). So anyways...yesterday I went with the couchsurfing friend to some little towns outside of Darmstadt, and we were in a little town called Zwingenberg, so we got out and were walking around and then I walk under some tree and all of the sudden I feel these random things just land on me and I turned around trying to find the terrible kids that threw these berries at me, but there was no one to be seen. So I realize it must have been the tree. I guess walking buy reminded the tree of the age old conflict between this tree and it's old nemesis the acorn tree, (Canadians naturally smell of maple syrup) and I provoked the attack. It's the only explanation.

At first I figured that it wasn't really a big deal because I was wearing a black pullover. Sadly, the amount on there was literally like a quarter cup of freshly made jam. So I wiped it off on a building. But now it looks like I booger-ed all over myself. It really sucks because my new flat does not have a washing machine and I know I'm going to put off washing as long as I can. Darn!!

(I'm super please the Canadian Dollar is doing well right now...it really helps in Europe)

Interestingly, the father at the place where I'm staying is an English/History/Politics (some kind of combination) Teacher and so he was talking to me a little bit about Canada because he is going to have to teach Canadian History next year. I felt terrible because I don't remember any history. Well obviously I remember some but I have been encountering some situations where I really don't know as much as I want. I have got to stop spending so much time filling my head with crap and learn some new things. Canada a people's History will be found online!! (and watched!)

No comments:

Post a Comment