Thursday, June 14, 2012

three cheers (again) for free internet at toronto airport

So I guess this is the last blog post for a while from Canada. I figured that I have some time to sit and reflect (which I'm not really going to do), but I do have time at the airport so I guess I should write.

Being at home was kind of need, but definitely an eye-opener as to what happens when you leave your home. You always meet people that are like "yeah I'm from 'such and such a place'" and you think cool that they are here now, but I don't think I have ever been able to relate to the difficulty that they may have experienced. I have never really gotten super emotional about leaving...anxious and nauseated yes, but I have never cried except the first few little seconds leaving my mom in the driveway whenever my dad would drive me away for school...then flying was no problem.

But this time at the airport, I just let the tears flow. I didn't even care who saw. Others would have been embarrassed, but I didn't care. Wow, as I wrote this an announcement just came on announcing a flight to winnipeg. Ouch....

I'm happy to be going though. As much as I'm trying to convey that it is going to suck leaving home because it really will never be the same, I am so excited to live in Germany.  Even waiting I am starting to hear people talk in German and that is getting me super jazzed to relearn. There is something so awesome about being able to communicate in another language.

I don't really think I have anything else much to say...so I'll see you on the other side of the ocean.

Hopefully you all can use me as an excuse to come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment