Thursday, June 21, 2012

lessons from the library

Clearly not working has given me a serious appetite for writing.

Today I was at the library and after realizing the John Grisham novel I had started was not a murder mystery I went back over to the english book section, and was debating leaving when I saw Grimms fairytales. I went over to look at it and was going to read some nice little stories, because I've learned that the nice disney-fied versions are really not what they are like.

But man are they soo stupid. One of the stories I read was Hansel and Gretl...so there was no house made of candy, in fact there was no witches house whatsoever. H&G were walking and eventually come to this pond that made Hansel turn into a faun. So they hide in some random cabin, but then they were hunting horns everyday and Hansels like sorry I gotta go. When there is a hunt why on earth do you have to go. But two days in a row he comes back and knocks on the door and speaks to Gretl because fauns can talk. And the King was like "hey what's the deal" and follows him and finds Gretl and says - hye let's get married, and they do and then a fairy turns Hansel back into a boy...


WTF?





Another thought I had at the library. One of my pet peeves is when someone automatically takes my plate and serves me food. Clearly I love to eat, but I do prefer to serve myself. If you ask if you can serve me I will accept that, and gladly let you, but don't just take my plate and serve me.

No comments:

Post a Comment