Wednesday, October 10, 2012

just let me be sick!

So getting sick is never really fun. What I do enjoy however is having the excuse to get out of doing things and just hang out and watch your favorite shows and movies and wear your most comfortable clothes, all the while drinking tea. Sure you feel horrible, but at least you get to do cool things to get better...

But when you have to work life sucks.

With a cold there is not really a known cure, and really you're not going to die from a cold in this century. Just take care of yourself and you will do fine. For me a cold is not a great excuse to skip out from work. Maybe a little less time there, but to miss more than a day I don't think is necessary (also depends on your job). So I've been having to work every day being sick.

The symptoms suck but I am clearly dealing with them and doing things to deal with that, but what makes me worse is everyone telling me their own cure. Some people say eat garlic, others say drink water with an onion in it with sugar. Another guy rinses his nose with salt water - first off no thanks, and second off people...just let me be sick.

It's not like this has never happened to people before. I don't need for people to tell me how to get better. I'm not going to go to the doctor for something so minute!!

Just leave me alone and let me be sick, a little oh that's to bad would't be the worst thing ever.

And I feel like one of my coworkers feels like I cannot have any extra attention for being sick...because she seems to be sick as well....

I'll be fine, but I'm just not right now, but it's not your problem. You can care, but don't tell me what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment