Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Oktoberfest 2012

As Oktoberfest seemed to be the best weekend I had in Germany last year. Hoping to replicate that I found some "somewhat strangers" and took my best shot again this year.

The start - my company originally consisted of a work colleague who lives about 2 doors down from me (fun fact), and then two other girls who work int he same department as I do. Then the one who really doesn't even like to drink mad " e the decision not to come. Then the next one got roped into a family birthday party and couldn't come either. So it was me, this guy I barely knew, and one of his friends, staying at anther old friends apartment in munich. But really this didn't worry me at all. I get along pretty well with people so it was fun...but still so funny that I end up in these situations.

The first night we went out clubbing and I really didn't go crazy - but what I find weird, is that I will dance to nearly everything. I generally hate electro music, but if I'm out, I will dance until 6 in the morning to this, which coincidently is what I did. I took no breaks for about 5.5 hours. I was a little tired.

Then headed some to sleep a little before heading out to the Wiesn.

I'll share some highlights.

First off, when I first got there I completely forgot how much of a madhouse it is. Like people are just wasted by 14:00. I couldn't believe it. And the sound is like nothing you can expect. Like a constant cheering sound for the entire day.

At one point there was a fight, and it was super crazy. People throwing down bows like they wanted to kill. Then the song angels by robbie williams came on and we sung to this big mob, thinking that our singing would help stop the fight...it didn't really but the juxtaposition was quite a treat.

I also found some guys who had spilled all down their shirts. First made fun of them for the spills - they claimed it was water though. Then I took a picture, made fun of them some more for being twins. Then they hit on me. I like that I can be as mean as I want and nobody cares

The bathroom seemed to be the place to smoke. Literally everyone standing in line was smoking up a storm to avoid having to go outside. I felt like I was in high school in the early 80s, but in a dress.

Singing country roads - because clearly that's a German song

I enjoyed watching people to the gagnam style dance in Tracht (the outfits).

I sat at a table with our servers sister and cousin, and the mom was also serving. They were hilarious. 

Next year I need to learn all the songs.

I don't really know what else to share. Literally you just sit and talk a pack the entire day with the people you are at a table with....

If we make it past this year, I hope I have some more people to go with next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment