Saturday, October 27, 2012

a funny story - to celebrate my 300th post

Wow I can't believe it's 300 already. I have posted a lot of craziness on the internet that will hopefully be brought up at an inopportune time in the future...

Anyways - today also happens to be the first day that it snowed in Darmstadt for this winter season. I decided that instead of being loud and waking up my hungover roommate I would go for a stroll into the city and go to the library, and then reward myself with a hot cocoa at cafe chaos.

Great plan. Then on the way home I'm passing this old man who is just beaming at me. Seeing as I am in a good mood after my hot cocoa I decide to say something to the effect of boy am I walking in the wrong direction. The snow is falling into my face.

Our conversation proceeded as follows (translated for obvious reasons) - this is not the exact transcript as I cannot remember everything completely - that would be unrealistic.
Where are you going?
I'm just on my way home
oh do you live in Darmstadt?
Yup, do you?
Yes I live on (something) street
oh how far is that?
Oh that direction. Do you live with your husband
Yup
Do you have any children?
No not yet - I don't know when that's going to happen
Oh they'll come soon enough. Are you still working?
Yup
Oh I'm retired. When are you going to come visit me? Is that ok with your husband?
Maybe after next week, I'm really busy next week
Ok what day do you want to come?
Maybe wednesday
Morning or afternoon?
Probably afternoon I have to work during the day
Ok that sounds good

I actually thought he was going to kiss me at the end and I booked it outta there...


Also note that we exchanged names (mine fake naturally) - and there were a few more unimportant details...

but wtf happened there....

No comments:

Post a Comment