Tuesday, April 26, 2011

textbooks

So I have been accumulating numerous textbooks over my past four years of schooling - most of which are now being deemed irrelevant, meaning I can't sell them and they are about as useful as a doorstop (which when you think about it can be pretty useful).

Anyways, I am pretty pleased because I am going to be able to sell one back to school...yaaayyy!!! I need money again. SOO broke.

It got me thinking about high school textbooks though. So much easier to just sign your name in a book for a year and not needing to worry about its irrelevance the next year. I also loved being able to see the names of all the people that had the books before me. Even now I can peek into a book of my cousins and see the name of one of my classmates. There have even been reports of my name being spotted in textbooks. There is nothing better than old textbooks though. For me...the more drawing the better. I love it when people write notes, especially about other people or teachers.

Going to a school like mine was also interesting because everyone knows so many people that went there...from cousins, grandparents, aunts or siblings...there was always someone who received a textbook from someone else's family member. It's weird to think that someone else had that book before you.

When I used to take out books from the library I secretly laughed at the fact that I had been reading that book in the bathroom and that the next person taking that book out would have no idea. Problem is that I never knew where the books I was getting came from!!

No comments:

Post a Comment