Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm screwed - thanks Mannheim

So I'll give you the entire list of why I don't ever recommend going to mannheim business school.

I'm screwed right now

I wanted to go to this intensive seminar which is a class worth 6 ECTS (or a half credit) which is all I need to graduate.

So I went to the class yesterday and it was discovered that I did not register for the class - but wait...I did register for the exam last week.

I talked to some of the other girls in class and apparently they had received an email in august about limited space in this class and that registration was necessary simply to attend the class.

So I'm clearly in class panicking the entire time - but I'm thinking no it's going to be ok It's gonna work itself out. I went multiple times to go talk to the chair in charge of the class but he wasn't there.

So I sent him an email last night detailing the situation.

Dear Mrs. Schmidt,

Thank you for your note. Since the number of applicants for the Procurement
Course (OPM 543) exceeded the course capacity we had to restrict access to
the course. All applicants were informed about this process by email about a
month ago.

I am sorry, but since we have reached the maximum number of participants
(and rejected many applicants) I cannot admit you to the course at this
stage.

Kind regards,
Moritz Fleischmann

Sir - I don't understand 1. if you have a heart (no because a lot of germans don't - sorry) 2. you realize what kind of position I am in. Other people may be trying to weasel their way into this class but I have no other options literally.

This year, aside from being amazing to live in Germany - academically has been the worst that I've ever had. It's so frustrating to have one plan coming here to the university and trying to be prepared as possible and then having all your plans changed the moment you get here. For example - all the classes I had planned to participate in - I think I'm in one of those. Everything that we received in the online course outline had completely changed when we got here. We also couldn't register for anything online because all the masters students would be getting priority to get into those classes anyways.

So now all I can do is think back at how could I miss something like this - was it my fault?

And the worst part is that now I have to go back to school again. I feel so pathetic.

So I think right now the best plan is to take a class next summer at university of winnipeg - oh but wait. I have no money because I've spent it all here. Literally it's such a waste of money because I had to pay full tuition for a credit and a half. That's bullshit!

And it looks even worse because when you're the student it's always assumed that you just weren't paying attention. That's just how the world works. But I honestly don't know what else I could have done.

I'm going to go talk to someone at school and see if there is any last hope for anything.

I'm really upset though.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh that is terrible!!! I hope it works out D!! Keep me posted
    Laura

    ReplyDelete