Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Munich: Partied a little

So the last time I went to Munich I had one goal in mind - drink as much beer as I could

I saw two things - drunks and dirndls

This past weekend I felt that this needed to change.

I saw a few more things this weekend.

I think that one thing I certainly noticed this past time was the difference in just the way that people are. There seems to be a lot of pride in being a Bavarian, which is something that I had heard about before going to Germany. I can't quite pinpoint what it was, but it was just the way that people held themselves and talked about things, as well as the architecture. The more cities I visit outside of mannheim the less I enjoy it here. It just really made me feel a lot closer to history because all the buildings felt so familiar as though out of a movie. Sadly it reminded me a lot of german history during WWII.

So we left thursday after what I'm hoping is my last university presentation ever...if it's not I'm going to be pretty upset. But I'm not going to dwell on how badly I got screwed by mannheim. (that's last blog)

So the first night we went out to a club called pacha which is apparently super famous in europe, meaning I definitely haven't heard of it. It was obviously not my type of music seeing as how the electric-disoc-pop-trance-Idon'tknow does not appeal to me. It would be cool to explore a little bit more of the indie music scene.

It was weird at this club because there were so many different demographics. We were back at the same club on saturday as well and I looked to my left and there are all these posh little 18 year old boys and I look to my right and it looks like their dads came along with them.

The best part about this club though was that we went with people who had contacts at the club - I'm not sure about the whole things. All I know is that I didn't pay for a drink all night and we started of thursday with bottles of champagne. Decent!

Then on saturday it was super strange because we were able to just pop right on into that back where they keep all the stock and people are working. Light up a smoke for those who wanted to - whatever, no problem. I felt like a VIP.

The best part of saturday though was not realizing the time - and getting back to the hotel to dip our sore feet into the warm bath tub. I looked down at my phone - 6:11! And the craziest part was that I'm sure I could have gone longer. I have really found my perfect zone of tolerance.

When we were at the first club in saturday is that there was one guy who was leaving and he left us half a bottle of vodka (or wodka). Again - decent!

Now don't get the wrong idea that all I did was drink this weekend. I just can't fit everything that I want to say into one blog - you'll leave to earlier to finish everything...if you haven't left already!

No comments:

Post a Comment