Tuesday, October 18, 2011

twitter success story

So I know that I used to be a huge twitter basher, but like saul on his road to rome - I had a conversion (not religious however). Perhaps this metaphor is a little to dramatic, but never-the-less I converted to more twitter for coming to Germany.

Manny was always trying to convince me how awesome it was and that I shouldn't knock it until I tried it. I've had fun for the first little bit, but realistically I figure that nobody really reads it or for that matter really cares.

Also, I have these silly student loans and since I'm not getting more money every year I have to confirm that I am in fact still enrolled in a post-secondary institution so that I don't have to pay any money back. I usually just have one form to fill out and I got that done super early this year. In fact I was able to complete it all by email. Now I recall in my first year having to send a separate form to Manitoba student loans however the past three years I don't recall doing this (although I am forgetful). Needless to say - mother and father received a letter in the mail detailing my repayment schedule - no thanks I have no money and I'm still in school. So we called just to see whether or not they had just not received the form I sent to the national student center and we find out there was another form as I initially suspected. (I'm sorry the set up is taking longer than I expected - I just need you all to have context) So I have to get these forms filled out. Since I don't have a printer my mother filled out the few parts she needed to and scanned and sent them to me so that I could send them to the same people at Brock that completed my last forms.

This was two weeks ago that I sent this. I received no response. I sent a second email a week later. No Response. In another attempt I sent this again yesterday. In an exasperated attempt to vent some frustration I took to twitter so that brock would know I was not impressed.

does anyone work in . I have been waiting nearly two weeks for a response

No less than 43 minutes later I received a message back from brock saying
I'm looking into it and trying to get you a direct contact for your questions."I have been waiting nearly two weeks for a response"

Then within the hour I received this (I'll protect some privacy here)

Please contact (name), Manager Financial Aid at (email address) or (phone number)

(Name) also mentioned that she also doesn't mind calling you. Simply email her the phone number and time to call

That's decent service!! - although it shouldn't take a desperate twitter cry to receive this!

So I emailed this lady and this morning I was on the top of her priority list!

I was talking to the girls about this and apparently some large companies are starting to implement technology so that they can see real time what customers are needing - this is especially in hotels and airplanes.

Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Yeyeah!!!! I'm glad you've seen the light! Lol, it's weird that they didn't respon to your emails though...

    ReplyDelete