Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Movies again

It's really sad - but it seems that I watch a lot of movies being away from home. Especially the fact that I don't have television. you may be thinking - why on earth do you need to watch TV, you live in Europe - make the most of your experience. This is a very valid statement. I have thought the same thing a few times and that has prompted me to go on a few little day trips. In fact yesterday I decided it's sunday, I have nothing to do, why not walk home from school. It only took about and hour and it was such a nice day, but I wish I would have brought my ipod (side note - my shuffle has such good songs right now. I was listening to it on my way home from something and every single song was a hit - unreal!)

But anyways, belec and I have starting going through trilogies. So we started with Lord of the Rings and now we are starting harry potter. I think we have star wars and indiana jones coming up. (She decided that she hated Indiana Jones because of the latest movie with aliens - which I have not seen. That's like judging star wars by episode 3!) But it seems that with each of the series things in public remind me of what we've been watching. Because it happened with LOTR and now it's happening with harry potter. It's really strange.

It's also interesting how all of us in the house like different kinds of movies. And it's also weird how they overlap. Like belec and syl both like disney and thrillers, which I will watch every once in a while. Syl and I enjoy musicals and random other comedies, like some chick flicks. Then becky and I like fantasy and then other comedies that syl doesn't like.

I was really trying hard to think of what kind of genre I'm really into. Because the movies that I enjoy don't necessarily fit into the same category. What I've come up with is that I love characters. I think that's why I enjoy movies like wet hot american summer or it's always sunny in Philadelphia. For me it's not just the lines that characters say. It's what they are saying in relation to who they are. And I think that makes things even funnier, when the writers are able to really understand who the person is, and then the actor is able to interpret and act into that as well.

does this make sense? (I think this should be the new name for my blog)

Also - I watched viva las vegas recently. Number one - there is something weird about the way Ann Margret Dances. Number two - if I ever became a famous musician I would love to do 50s musical covers as part of my set.

No comments:

Post a Comment